Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I'm Back -- With a Vengeance LOL

Thanks to those of you (erm one of you) who have noticed my absence :-)  Once school let out, I got bombarded with all sorts of things and neglected the blog. For shame!

My latest mission is getting traffic ticket issues resolved. We live in an area with a strong police presence - where there is not much criminal activity - which means lots of ticketing for minor traffic violations. It is hazardous to drive a few blocks without risk of getting a ticket.

Well, sad to say, last night VC got his first ever ticket :-(  for an alleged "roll stop."  Sure, it is right of passage, but it is a lousy one to have to make...

Since he is still categorized as an "inexperienced driver" - we need to get this wiped out - STAT. Which means I may be going with him to meet with the ADA this week to plead his case. He is a safe driver. Doesn't speed. Not a troublemaker (well unless you include making trouble for mom having to get involved with this kind of fun) - so please wish us luck.  He only has 1.5 months before going across the country for college.

He will be riding his scooter up until then.

And to think, last night he said to me, "Should I take the scooter?" and I said, "No, it's safer to take the car."

At least he did not get injured...Gotta start looking at the positive...

To add insult to injury, on the town's facebook page today, there was news of a newly scheduled "Family Night Out" in August in part to form a "comraderie" between police and citizens. Leave it to devious me to post the following comment: "will the cops still be ticketing during those hours? If so, I will arrive on foot."  So far no one at the town has "liked" my comment. Gotta give it time ;-)

Hope your summers are off to a great start!

P.S. Pumpkin is still all sorts of adorable :)

3 comments:

Slamdunk said...

Sorry to hear about your son's ticket, but your comment made me crack up. I hope the meeting helps you all get this resolved.

mypixieblog said...

Awww, that sucks regarding your son's ticket :( Hope he is able to get out of it. They are RUTHLESS here in NJ. Best of luck and keep us posted!!

And of course I notice when you don't post--I miss you!!

LL Cool Joe said...

What is a roll stop?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...