Thursday, May 8, 2014

Top 50 Mom Bloggers in the U.S. - Oh really....

I noticed an email update from Twitter showing "what's trending now" by some of the accounts I follow. I rarely pay much attention to this type of email, but what stuck out was a post made by a blogger indicating she had been chosen once again as one of the 50 Top Mom Bloggers by Cision, whatever Cision is.

You can view the list here.

Kudos to the winners - among them are some recognizable bloggers, but then there is the #1 pick which, quite frankly, seems an odd choice considering there are ZERO comments on most posts and most seem like they may be sponsored posts with text links, yet there is no disclosure as such.

I may be wrong, of course...Maybe this is what qualifies as a Number One Mom Blog these days...A blog with ZERO participation and what seem to be canned sponsored posts? It probably has to do with numbers and ranking, but one would think actual blog CONTENT would be taken into consideration.

Click through to view the list, and I would love to hear your thoughts on the number one choice.




6 comments:

mac said...

Eh, maybe I'm not a huge enough mom blog fan, but I don't recognize any of them. The list seems to be an ego stroke thing to me.


Do any of these ladies belly dance and juggle?
I know a good one who does. ;-)

Slamdunk said...

No kidding. I looked at the first few and felt like I needed a shower--I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE IS TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING!

I am all about content as well. The list rankers obviously did consider that.

angelcel said...

I've suspected for some time that as in real life there is a lot of 'bluffology' that goes on in the blogging community. Bluffology, cliquiness and back-slapping. No, I don't know these people either.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

weird - seems suspect to me.

I prefer real blogs anyway.
have a great weekend Carma!

Rebecca Jo said...

I only noticed like 2 ... & my fav was #50 - bottom of the list :) haha!

I don't get some of these big blogs. Why or how they get so popular when they're not that great. I find some of the smaller blogs with real people & real posts & not an advertisement every day - those are my favorite anyways.

mypixieblog said...

Sooooo the #1 blogger has a post up today about sneezing and peeing yourself. And what kind of pads you should wear.

Yea...

Look, it's all good and I don't mean to be judgmental but to me, this is all just a bunch of BS anyway. I always hate these popularity contests because it makes some bloggers feel bad and validates for others that their content is GREAT when really, it's just one advert after another. No thanks. I'd much read from bloggers who open up and share their innermost thoughts with their audience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...