Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cat Grass = My Nemesis!!

I never claimed to have a Green Thumb, but one would think I would be capable of growing GRASS!!  Sadly, that is not the case. After my second attempt to grow some indoor grass for Pumpkin (it supposedly helps with preventing hairballs and is good for the cat) - I have officially given up :(

Here is my first attempt (back in January) - fizzled rather quickly...

In April, at my mother's encouragement, I gave it another go - this time with a different kit. Look how luxurious this grass looked on April 5th!!


..which brings us to today, May 7th...

I think it may have been a case of over-watering. Pathetic!  Poor Pumpkin will have to do without grass....

Who knew growing grass would be this tricky!

4 comments:

mac said...

I've been accused of killing the grass on purpose to avoid mowing as often.
I plea the 5th!

Rebecca Jo said...

haha! I'm great at growing weeds if that counts.

angelcel said...

Hah! I've just been growing 2 trays of oat grass to give to my daughters for their cats (one has purely indoor cats so the treat of grass I suspect would be greatly appreciated). There were no instructions on the seed packet but having sown a lawn before, and planted seeds for the garden, I followed all usual logic and hey, grass is more like a weed anyway - i.e. you can't get rid of the ruddy stuff when you want to! Well after a month of nurturing I have just 6 healthy strands in one tray and 3 in the other. Otherwise, no action at all!

mypixieblog said...

LOL!!!!

I still remember the time my mom came to visit me in college and shrieked in horror at the potted plant that lay limp in the living room. Clearly we have the same green thumb :)

Also, I think it's cool you're growing grass--I've always wanted to try with wheat grass b/c it's so damn expensive to get a shot of it at the health food stores!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...