Did you know that a recent Harvard study found that people who made a point of looking at flowers first thing in the morning actually felt cheerier and even more energetic throughout the day? I didn't either. But if I can be cheerier and more energetic, bring on the flowers!! (Did I just read "cheerier"? Perhaps my belly dance 'buddy' could benefit as well :D )
Here's an example of the benefits associated with certain flowers/scents:
- Roses – In need of a pick-me-up? The sweet aroma and bold colors of Rose Elegance™ Premium Long Stem Red Roses-shown above ($49.99 - $159.99)or Sweetheart Rose Bouquet
- Lavender – Considered a natural remedy for insomnia, the scent of lavender can prompt your body to produce a calming compound which promotes relaxation and helps relax and alleviate stress. Check out the Lavender Dish Garden
- Mint – With a scent that immediately awakens, the smell of fresh mint is refreshing and purifying to both the body and soul. Check out the Summer Herb Garden Trio
- Light Blue Hydrangea
- Yellow – A cheerful and uplifting color, yellow enhances alertness, increases self-esteem and can strengthen overall wellbeing. Try sunflowers such as Martha Stewart Golden Sunflower Bouquet
" so if you’re interested in learning some of her tricks of the trade for easily incorporating fresh flowers into everyday décor click on the link above.Blogging can be exhausting, so take time out to smell the roses! Or send flowers to somebody special....and no, I do not mean bromance bros!
Here's how to enter:
Go to 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and tell me your fave flower arrangement.
I like the Summer Herb Garden Trio (below right - $34.99)
For additional entries:
1. Tell me your favorite color (mine's Lime Green)
2. Tweet about the giveaway
3. "Follow" my blog on Blogger*
4. Subscribe to my blog*
5. Fave my blog on Technorati
6. StumbleUpon, Kirtsy or Digg any Carma Sez blog post that you've particularly enjoyed
7. Blog about the giveaway and link back to my blog
8. Post about the giveaway on Facebook
*please leave a separate comment for each additional entry. If you are already a follower, please still tell me so in a separate comment. Thanks!
The giveaway ends on Thursday August 6th at 8:00pm EST.